Translator

Friday 23 January 2015

Love is in the Air


A warm welcome to my new followers and regular visitors of my blog. Today at A Vintage Journey is the start of a new challenge called Love is in the Air, chosen by Astrid. For my DT post, I decided to make a Memory Album which is roughly 6 inches square which I gave to my Husband Chris - AKA The Photographer, on Our Anniversary to hold photographs of us on each year as we celebrate our Special Day.

I used a link from YouTube to make my Memory Album which is HERE. I did make a few adaptions to it along the way, but It's well worth a look should you want to make one.


I used chipboard sheets to make my Memory Album to give it the feel of a book. I layered on Kraft core paper which was tattered at the edges using Tim's Distressing tool.


Cream patterned paper was next added which I had layered Stencilling with Distress ink and Sentiment stamps with Archival Ink.


I also added Die Cuts and Metal Corner embellishments.


You will see on the inside of my album I painted the perimeter and added a text stamp with Archival ink before gluing in my pages to the album.


On the Spine of my Album I added a layer of Kraft Card wrapping it an inch over the edge of the front and back. Next layering on lots of garden string with PVA glue, once dry I trimmed the edges.


I punched a hole with my Crop-a-dile and added some Ideaology and old beads.



A couple of ATC's were made using inks and stamps with personal messages on the back, which slip into their pockets.


Inside I have strengthened the flexible spine using Tim's Tissue Tape and I love the finish it gives to my album.


As my pages are completed I will add Tags with more handwritten memories, little pockets and flaps to lift, using Tim's Style and goodies.

Please check out my Talented Fellow Creative Guides for more Inspiration on this challenge and all the details on how to enter. CountryView Crafts is our generous Sponsor of a £10 shopping spree for the winner.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your continued inspiring comments. I really appreciated them.

Julie x

21 comments:

  1. This is a totally wonderful book. I just love everything about it. Each page tells it's own story and the binding is to die for. Great job.

    Hugs, Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful little photo book you have created Julie! love all the charms and stampings - this is a lovely place to keep your yearly anniversary photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful album Julie, Chris must be thrilled with it and once filled with photos it will become an heirloom piece for your family. There has been so much love put into this. The string spine looks brilliant. Amazing work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, what a stunning album!! The cover is amazing and each page is just beautiful!! Thanks for the link to the youtube video, will definitely check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful memories album and something to treasure forever. I love the details and elements you have used and the string spine is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie, this album is so beautiful. You've done a great work with it and it inspired me to do a similar album. Thank you!
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julie, another incredible project! I love the binding and all the fabulous papers, so vintage! Gorgeous album! until next time, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great book Julie - love the spine - what a fab idea. So well created and wonderful keepsake. Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, the mini memory album is gorgeous and romantic with such lovely details! A wonderful keepsake for sure! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,this is a bit special Julie,beautifully created,don't think I'd have the patience or skill to make something quite as lovely as this!
    Have a fab weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a lot of work went into your project. It will become a treasured heirloom to pass down. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a very beautiful and special project Julie. I love the sentiments you have added, the beautiful spine and I love the picture of the camera inside - just perfect for your hubby. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like the colours on this, a beauty of a book. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. An absolutely stunning memories book Julie! So romantic with all those wonderful details but I really love the string on the spine! Just such a perfect keepsake. And thanks for the youtube link - I will be having a look at that. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, with a lovely vintage feeling and a great romantic touch! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great love-themed mini album. I adore the twine binding - it looks just amazing.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful memory album, such a lovely celebration for your Anniversary
    Beautiful papers, construction and love how you created the spine

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful album Julie, what a wonderful keepsake for your hubby! Love the garden twine on the spine and all your beautiful details and thank you for the link to YouTube, have to go and take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous memory album Julie, love the garden twine on the spine idea and the sentiment on the back cover. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh how beautiful Julie! Each and every page a joy, and I love that bound spine. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous as usual Julie! This is such a romantic gift for your hubby and a wonderful keepsake for you both to enjoy! Such lovely touches all the way through! Hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10