Translator

Saturday 30 April 2016

Vintage Corset


Hi Everyone, thanks for stopping by today. For my DT card at Cheery Lynn Designs I am sharing with you a card with quite a lot of techniques on it. So let me take you through all my stages.


Layering my die cut corners behind my layer of card gives a different look to the corner dies.


I used my stitched rectangle as a guideline, counting the stitches, to die cut out my patterned strip evenly, holding down with a little tape. I worked from the outside on both sides towards the centre. This way I new my card would have even spacing.


I measured in between my gaps and added strips of paper with foam tape which I tattered at the edges. My centre strip was ever so slightly wider than the rest so I balanced this by adding my Anastasia cream border.


I cut my Nautical Wheeler doily in half and offset onto my stamped image which had also been tattered at the edges and a scattering of Frantage added.


My corset was cut out 3 times in different patterned paper and reinserted in to the negative spaces. I curved the edges at the top and bottom to give my corset a 3D effect adding my angel wing lace finishings and a few sparkly gems.


Adding some splashes of paint and some shabby flowers to finish.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you get a chance to join in the Current Challenge at Cheery Lynn which is Mothers Day. We all look forward to seeing your beautiful entries.

Crafty Hugs,


Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, this is absolutely stunning! I love the corset and beautiful papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, love how you worked with those strips, - the corsets look fabulous too! Such pretty papers and a wonderful stamp also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the way you did the background Julie, it is beautiful and the corset is wonderful. Great use and placement of the Nautical doily too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,
    This is great! I love the corset...a beautiful dies van Cheery lynn.
    Everything is so nice, the paper, the flowers and colors! Super!!!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh Julie, this is gorgeous! Fabulous layers and beautiful papers, love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully put together and very cleverly designed, love your card Julie.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Julie! I love how you did the strip panels in the back, great effect! Just playing some catch up after my week off with Mum, I hope you had a great week last week! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Julie, great design. The strips work really well to create the background, great technique. Have a nice crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful work of art, well worth the efort!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so so pretty, the distressed paper strips gives this card so much character! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear! I'm doing it again! Trying to catch up - one of the problems about going away to our caravan means the internet connection is so poor! Glad I didn't miss this though! I love how you made the background strips! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10