Translator

Saturday 6 August 2016

New Year Bells


Hi everyone, today I am showcasing some more dies from Cheery Lynn's fabulous new release on my Festive card. In Scotland as the time changes from one Year to the next at midnight we associate this with hearing bells and fondly name it "The Bells". So I decided to combine the Happy New Year with The Christmas Bells onto my card.


My Happy New Year was layered twice for a shadow effect adding on my party hats which had been embossed with Red Tinsel Embossing Powder. Finishing with some snow accents using a Snow Writer pen and Glamour Dust for added sparkle.


I sprinkled a scattering of Frantage on my Holly Leaves, shaded my Berries with Distress inks adding Glossy Accents for a realistic look. My bells were shaded in two colours of Gold Pens adding a little Archival ink to give them an aged feel. I layered up with foam tape for some extra dimension. I also think the bells would look amazing on a Wedding card.

Thanks for stopping by today to see my post and I do hope you get some Creative Time over the coming week to enter the Current Challenge - Back to Nature over at Cheery Lynn Designs with a chance of winning a $20 shopping spree.

Have a lovely weekend, 

Crafty Hugs, 
Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn For:



9 comments:

  1. Stunning Julie. Love the traditional red and green, and all the gold is so wonderfully festive. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Julie! Love the shadow effect on the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Julie !!
    Bling bling a love this card very nice .
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, lovely card but you are trying to scare me now! I haven't made any Christmas cards yet Lol! Happy weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully festive card Julie, the bells are beautiful and I really love those berries on the holly and the 'snow' on the words. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Julie, I remember the bells well and the steak pie and the first footer ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautifully layered card Julie, those bells are fabulous both for Christmas and ringing in the new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and so rich! Ok, I can find just a flaw: it is Summer!!;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10