Translator

Friday 5 August 2016

Stencil It - A Vintage Journey


Hi Everyone, today over at A Vintage Journey we start a new challenge for this month called Stencil It, hosted by my super talented teamie Amanda.

I was taking the ongoing photographs with my iPad and unfortunately they vary quite a bit in colour from the finished picture as it was a very dark wet day. My finished photos have been taken in a light tent, but I felt it was important to share all my techniques so am still showing these photos.

Let's get started.


I added a coat of Gesso to my canvas and a layer of black Gesso around the outside. I stamped my Wildflower onto Tim Holtz mask Sheets with Stazon Ink and cut it out. 


I placed the mask onto my canvas and added my Stencil on the top. I then went over with a layer of crackle paste. Once dry I sprayed a variety of Lindys Stampgang Sprays.


I now removed my mask.


I stamped onto a paper hankie my Wildflower and tore around the edges. Using the top layer I decoupaged in place with Mod Podge.


I stamped my Wildflowers onto Watercolour card wth Archival ink.


Shading them with Distress Inks and cut them all out.


Adding my decoupaged flowers onto the corner of my frame, layering up with Silicone glue. Highlighting areas of crackle and my flowers with a touch of gilding wax.


Finishing off with my MDF word Home which was heat embossed with coordinating Lindys powders.


A final look at the finished project.

Love for you to leave a comment and then hop over to see the amazing inspirational projects my Teamies have created at A Vintage Journey. You will also find all the details on this month long challenge, I do hope you get a chance to join in. 

Crafty Hugs,
Julie x

20 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I never ever would have thought of masking the flowers in this way, but how amazing is it! Really amazing work, you are inspiring me so much I can't keep up with the ideas floating around in my head! ;0 Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a beauty ...so glad you shared how you made it...enhances the appreciation for the artist even more

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a creative design, masking the flowers and then layering them around the stenciling - wonderful textures with the paste and layered cone flowers Julie! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant designing and use of stencils Julie, love how this wonderful creation came together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for persevering with the step by steps and the close ups as they really help to show the depth, dimension and gorgeous shimmering crackle on this beautiful project Julie. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you showed the step by steps Julie, I would have wondered how you did this otherwise! The crackled stencilling in the central area is superb and the light coloured cone flowers look amazing. I love the corner ones, they look beautiful layered up. This is a wonderful piece of art. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief - you deserve a medal for all that fussy cutting to create your amazing flower mask frame! Gorgeous crackled stencilling too, and your layered dimensional flowers are stunning. What a lot of great ideas and techniques all on one elegant card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Julie, that flower is my absolute favourite in Tim's flower stamps
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I can see how much work went into this and what a stunning result - inspiring Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it again! It's gorgeous and thank you so much for showing how you made this great project!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Juie, love, love, love this canvas! Fantastic use of theat flower stamp and the stencilling simply looks amazing! A totally brilliant piece, love it big tie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a tremendous amount of work went into this project, but so well worth it from my point of view! I love how you used your stencil and the mask...genius! The gilding and gold shimmer on the flowers is luscious! Thank you for sharing your steps with us. And thank you for your sweet words on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely gorgeous canvas! Julie. Thank you so much for sharing the techniques as they reveal so much about this piece - The creative design and composition, the time dedicated to creating it, the attention to detail , the texture and detail and not forgetting the fabulous crackle stenciling. It really is an absolute beauty .
    Thank you for creating this and sharing t with us for this months challenge.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    take care
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful canvas, Julie! Love the sparkle from the gilding wax.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Julie and a great tutorial too. Have a lovely weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers! This is so very detailed and your process shots show how much creativity went into making this gorgeous design. Those flowers are beyond brilliant and colored so stunningly fantabulous! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love every bit of this Julie, the colors, texture and shading. Fabulous!
    Hugs, S@ndy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning Julie, what an amazing technique,thanks so much for sharing it! I can't begin to imagine how long it took to do all that fussy cutting on the mask and your beautiful watercoloured flowers, incredible work! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Love the pretty flowers with the masking and layering you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10