Translator

Sunday 22 November 2015

Let it Snow


Hi Everyone, Today at That Craft Place we have the start of a new challenge - Mixed Media Anything Goes which you can enter HERE. For my DT post I decided to make a festive scene using one of Lisa's fabulous MDF shapes. The details are all on my Sidebar for That Craft Place should you wish to purchase this gorgeous little scene.


My MDF shape started off like this, but I felt inspired to make it into a boxed scene after Brenda showed me her fabulous snowy background in her Festive Box Frame she had made to teach at a workshop recently when we were at Andy Skinners Workshop.


As you can see in this photo I built a frame out of Greyboard around my MDF base.


Next I added pieces of Coffee Stirrer to the inside and outside of my frame. I wanted this to look like an old crate.


I placed some Muslin onto the back of my frame adding on Crackle Paint, Gesso, Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Embossing Powders and Glamour Dust. Once dry I heat set for my embossing powders to melt.



At Andy Skinners workshop we were shown a Crackle Technique which I have applied to my frame. Sorry but I'm unsure if allowed to share this technique at present.




Next I placed a mask over for my moon and adding some shades of Distress ink to look like the moon and heat set some extra thick Clear Embossing Powder onto it.


My trees had a thick textural layer of Embossing Pastes added, I then poured on a mix of Distress powder in Pine Trees and some Embossing Powders.



Letting dry overnight I then heat set to melt all my powders, finally adding some Snowtex and Glamour Dust.


My Reindeers were stamped and heat embossed with Red Tinsel Embossing Powder, I then added a few layers of clear embossing powder and a bell.



For my Icicles I used the Cherry Lynn Designs Icicles Border.

I just wish you could see how much this Christmas Scene sparkles, perhaps one day they will make a camera which captures glitter like our eyes see it.

I do hope you like my box frame and feel inspired to join in our challenge at That Craft Place and check out the fabulous creations my Teamies have made. 

Julie x

Cheery Lynn Dies Used:

I wish to enter this in to the following Challenges :

38 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous project Julie! I love all the wonderful crackle and your icicles look very realistic! What a fabulous winter scene, straight out of a Christmas movie, complete with the reindeer flying through the sky! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just dropped back in to say thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Altered State' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful snow scene Julie. A really nice winters feel about it too. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Julie...such a brilliant snowy scene...it's just right for the frosty day we're having here. Love that crackle...yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julie, love the icicles and snow and the wonderful dimension you achieved. Wonderful seasonal piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a masterpiece this is Julie...love each inch!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, Julie! Love the wintry scene and those icicles and trees are the icing on the cake! So festive! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful scene you created, Julie! Love it! I have a question--why do you let the embossing paste and powders dry overnight and then heat emboss them the next day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaahhhhhhmazing! Love this little scene and all the details you have added to it! Your coffee stirrers are back and sure do pack a punch-gorgeous crackles and textures! Those trees are so yummy and look real! Your reindeer are fantabulous. I now have that icicle die on my wish list. 'Tid the season! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous scene Julie filled with oodles of fantastic details. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Julie, love it to bits. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Julie, fabulous project!!!!
    Starting with the crackled frame, brilliantly created!... and finishing with the deer, so adorable.
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your snowy scene Julie and it looks so special in the beautiful frame you created. The crackle looks amazing (Andy has a video on the technique at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAh8NkHRVE). I do love that icicle border at the top, it looks so realistic. The whole scene is just wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! Julie this is one breathtaking winter wonderland scene! I love it! It is so festive, and so inviting! Simply gorgeous!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, what a creative project using these dies! Love the icicles :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - this is stunning! What a fabulous scene and I love the crackle! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drooling over those trees!! This is just gorgeous my lovely, such a beautiful scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love the little scene you've created!
    Fantstic!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wouw Julie y love it !!
    What a beautiful project !
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! I have a crackle technique that involves glue (wonder if it's the same). Thank you so much for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Julie..I love how you built up the frame! The cracked up frame is a fab idea and the snowy scene the perfect fit! Brrr...it really feels cold. Thanks you so much for sharing this beauty at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have have to try this! So holiday cheerful! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saw this on Facebook and HAD to view it on your blog. Breathtaking. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sparkly scene you created! Love it! This would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is stunning!!!! Amazing project. Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great mixed media project, such a lot of work and a great result.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  26. great scene, especially like the icicles. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! This is amazing! The textures are absolutely gorgoeus, Julie.
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Creek Dares "Let the Festivities Begin' challenge.
    ~~julia~~Emerald Creek DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG! You are crazy talented! Your coffee stir sticks are AWESOME! Seriously it all is!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! Cheers, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! What a gorgeous project. I love how you used the wood coffee stir sticks on the outside and inside. Thanks for taking the time and sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge.
    -Katelyn DT member

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh...what a perfect and snowy scene you can created there..I wish I could visit such a gorgeous place! You have nailed this one...thanks for playing along Craft for the Craic November! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantasic Julie ! Love the crackle and the snowy scene is just wonderful ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful festive scene - I just love all that fabulous crackle - gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simply stunning Julie! WOW! How you pack those gorgeous textures and detail into a project like this is amazing. Love it! Thanks you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Apologies Julie for my late arrival to see your fabulous creation . Its such a gorgeous festive scene full of terrific texture . Congratulations on your well deserved win over at FnF x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10